Friday, December 9, 2011

Crazy good but totally weird (Day 5)

Last night I was craving some sweets big time.  I held strong though and didn't go for ice cream (remember I live next to the flagship Baskin Robbins store).  Go me!

So my boyfriend went into the kitchen and came out with a healthy surprise.  I found it totally weird but surprisingly good....

Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Pomegranate arils, Blackberries, and Honey. 

Cottage cheese + Greek Yogurt... who knew.  The saltiness of the the cottage cheese balanced out the acidity of the yogurt.  Delish!  I recommend. 

Do you have any healthy dessert recipes to share?  I could use some help.

Workout song of the day: "Murder Weapon" by Tricky http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/murder-weapon/id393119967?i=393120055

2 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds really good! I've had Greek yogurt w/fruit and honey before, but now I'll have to try the cottage cheese with it. That boyfriend is so innovative in the kitchen... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you like bananas, but my man loves this simple dessert I make for him. All you do is take bananas before they go bad and freeze them. Once frozen, remove the peels (holding them under running water helps make this process easier) and break into small chunks. Place chunks in food processor and blend until smooth. It will become the texture of a fro-yo/ice cream mix. At that point, you can add in a little cocoa powder, pretzels, etc for a guilt free almost-ice cream treat.

    ReplyDelete