Monday, December 12, 2011

Cheers to my run group! (Week 2, Day 1)

(great inspiration from a Saucony Ad)

Good morning and happy Monday!

I dedicate this blog post to my awesome after work run group.  I lead a group of around 8-10 people on various distance runs around the area.  Now I have an email distribution of about 87 people but only 8-10 show up.  BUT those 8-10 people ARE AWESOME, amazing people that I wouldn't trade for the world.  It's an equal mix of people who are new to running and those who are looking for a new personal best at the races we are training for.  I love that they always have smiles on their faces and are eager to get out there no matter what the weather.  (For Los Angeles it was pretty cold this Saturday.)

Three cheers to them!

I don't think I would have started running had there not been a group to train with.  Running led to triathlons.  Running introduced me to my wonderful boyfriend.  Running keeps me focused and happy. 

If you don't have a run group I highly recommend starting one up.  You don't have to be a speed demon.   I'm happy to answer any questions if someone is interested.

Workout Song of the Day: "Fall at Your Feet" by Boy and Bear (A cool down or warm up song) http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fall-at-your-feet/id400002245?i=400002474

No comments:

Post a Comment