Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Yes its a good movie or so I'm told because I've never seen it.  Yes it does have an awesome theme song. In fact, I used to have it as my ring tone for a while and I would always get compliments on it.  (One I remember specifically was the exec producer/ voice of Dr. Doof from Phineas and Ferb.  An awesome man to work for.)  Ok enough name dropping....

Why am I bringing it up in a blog post?
Because I'm back from my hiatus in the blogging world?
    No, no, it couldn't be that.  I don't have that many readers to begin with.
Because I met Clint Eastwood the other day?
    No, no, I'm not that cool.  Although I did watch Unforgiven this long weekend.  Side note: Unforgiven is an awesome film and only one of two Clint Eastwood films that I have seen (Gran Torino).  I guess I have some homework to do.  My boyfriend would probably make me do a marathon movie viewing if he knew. 

No wait a second it IS because I'm baaaaaack.  Cue theme song.


THE GOOD
  • I've lost about 4-6 pounds since the training & nutrition plan has begun
  • I kicked boyfriend out of the house and caught up with my girlfriends this weekend and it was a BLAST.  Thanks ladies!  Thanks bf!  Apples to Apples, the card game BS, and some failed attempts at Kinect-ing. 
  • Ran 12 miles last weekend and was barely sore the next day.  Take that 12 miles!
  • I burned most of my calories from fat last week (15.5 hours of training last week).  Take that fat!
  • One of the talented actors I cast in one of upcoming films got rave reviews in the last screening.  Made my day!  (I knew he would be FANTASTIC.  I just love it when others realize it too.)
  • Holidays were great.  Guess I never posted about that. 
  • Boyfriend is lovely.  Everyone always asks so figured I'd say... yes he is adorable and awesome and I am a lucky girl.
  • Booked flights for the big Ironman in June!
THE BAD
  • I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection that won't go away.  Major head paid when I move my head around. Ouch.
  • I gained some the weight back from said girls night.  Even though I tried to stay healthy.  Ok... healthy-ISH.  Ok, I totally I went of the rails but I was back to it the next day.  Ok, the day after the next day....cough, cough. Today. 
THE UGLY
  • Pinterest fail.   Oh the cauliflower crust pizza.  You see, I was TRYING to be healthy on Saturday and thought I'd make this fantastic looking healthy pizza. 
  • Yum!  Right?
    So the recipe called to blend up the cauliflower in the food processor so that it turns into rice.  I prepped the cauliflower ahead of time so that when my guest had been there for about an hour I'd whip this baby up.  And then.... I forgot to make it because I was having so much fun.
    About 2 hours into the night when anyone entered the fridge this HORRIBLE horrible smell would kill the party.  Needle scratching record.  "What is that smell?!"  And I explain and apologize and go about playing more games and I continue to forget and the night ends. 

    Next day Wow, it was likely a baby's diaper gone wrong throughout the entire house.  I could not even open up the fridge without wanting to gag.  Boyfriend to the rescue!  He saved the day.  Now our garbage smells. 

    WORD TO THE WISE.... make the cauliflower crust immediately after chopping up the fresh cauliflower that you just bought from the store and save your life.  And maybe your relationship.

    Recipe:

    Cauliflower Pizza Crust
    1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1 egg
    1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

    spices, optional


    Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray a cookie sheet or pizza pan with non-stick spray. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle spices such as fennel, oregano, parsley, and/or garlic powder on top.


    Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe). Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.


    Pizza crusts can be frozen after the initial baking and used later. Can be doubled for a larger pizza.


    Makes 4, 1-slice servings.


    Carbs per serving: about 2 g





 


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! Way to go on everything but the cauliflower pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you had a scratch-and-sniff blog so we could all enjoy the scent of rotten cauliflower. :) I feel like I need to bow down to you next time I see you. Running 12 miles and eating all healthy...Ironwoman...sheesh.

    ReplyDelete