Friday, February 3, 2012

Dirty Laundry

Normally I don't like to air my ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ out in public but I'm sure others have felt this way when they are training for an Ironman with their significant other.

Pooped. 

Now, now, I accept the responsibility for creating a very tough training schedule that my boyfriend, his best friend, my friend the Bad-#-s-s, and maybe a few others follow.  Actually I didn't create it.  Joel Friel created it and put it on Training Peaks to follow- but I distribute it. 

It's just that the day after the 1/2 marathon I did a gym workout.  Then Tuesday I hit the pool and did a rolling hills 7 mile run.  Then Wednesday I hit the pool and did a hilly 6 mile trail run.  Yesterday I did a hilly bike ride.  My legs were toast.  There was no time to buy groceries, clean the house, aka recover.  So I'm a bit off kilter.

Poor boyfriend took a spill on the bike yesterday (aches and pains and road rash) so he got to sleep in today.  So when the alarm goes off and I delay getting up.... I hear... "well you might as well get it over with. Get up and workout." 

So, I promptly got myself out of bed, prepared myself under my favorite blanket in the living room and turned on the What If episode of "Grey's Anatomy".   Man I think I'm halfway back to homeostasis.

Then I broke the diet today by having Kix at work.  Delish! 

Sometimes the prodding just doesn't help.  Doesn't help.  I revert to solitary mode for peace and tranquility.  Now here's to hoping Meredith Webber healed me and I can return to my normal workouts this evening.  And boyfriend - no nagging if I don't.  (He doesn't read this anyway.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I would be under that blanket with a bowl of Kix every single stinking day. You really do hold it together beautifully. And if my hubby or your boyfriend ever told me to get up and work out, it's highly likely I'd find a dirty sock somewhere on the floor and stuff it into his mouth. :) :)

    ReplyDelete