Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Running News

Spent the weekend cheering my boyfriend's brother on during his first marathon in beautiful San Diego. Very rewarding. He did well minus some ankle pain. I got a friggin awesome farmers tan.

Last night my friend & soon to be ex-coworker, Leah, coached her last Team Disney track workout. You see when I first moved out to California I was still dating my boyfriend from college (we'll call him Tall Twin boy). Tall Twin and I would often be lethargic by eating bad food and watching TV as soon as we got home every night. (I was struggling with not having dance in my life anymore.) So, Leah was a big part of the Tri Team and coached me off the couch and into running shoes. I went from never having run over 2 miles before to finishing a half marathon in 3 months. Now I've completed 4 triathlons, 4 half marathons, and a full marathon. It was sad to see Leah go. Although the last workout included speed drills around a track and my hamstrings are as tight as rocks. I'm going to miss her pushing me.

Wish me luck as now the baton has been passed for me to carry on in her shoes as she leaves for non-Disney adventures.

1 comment:

  1. you'll do a great job... born a gentle leader. have fun!

    ReplyDelete