Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 2

During the last 6 weeks I was rocking and rolling on a triathlon schedule- I worked out every day at least once if not twice. However, Memorial Day weekend really threw me off. I couldn't get my booty back into gear. I'd even set my alarm for 6am but instead of waking up to go to the pool, I'd watch an old episode of Grey's Anatomy.

So last night I went to the library and rented an audio book to import onto my Ipod. I listened to an audiobook this morning while I ran. I kinda dug it. I wasn't counting the streetlights as I passed by like normal. I'm not sure if I ran as fast as I normally do but it felt good to escape while I worked out. So, if you think it might work for you when you're in a bit of a lull try it out.

"Reading" The Know It All by A.J. Jacobs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey if you want me to copy Elizabeth Gilbert's "Committed" book on tape for you, I'd be happy to. Can't remember if you read "Eat, Pray, Love" but I thought this book was almost as good as that one.

    ReplyDelete