Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh a relaxing weekend...

The weekend prior to this was the first weekend that we didn't have anything planned on our calendars since the first week of June. So needless to say the weekend prior to this one... we did a bunch of cleaning and errands.

So this past weekend was nice. Pete went out and had a boys night without me so that I could watch Grey's Anatomy without catching any grief. (Fellow watchers... it's been a weird season so far huh?) Then we did a day of garage work and went out to eat with friends. Yesterday I went to the LA County Fair, which doesn't quite live up to the NC Fair memories of my childhood but it did have wine tasting. SO that was a plus. Then last night we went and saw Contagion.

Holy cow, I personally loved Contagion. I think it is exactly, exactly what would happen if a virus of that sort came about. It told a lot of human truths. My heart was definitely racing throughout it. The acting was phenomenal... but the cast was amazing so I doubted it could go wrong.

The big takeaway from it all makes me think that I should move out of this big city and go learn to be more self sufficient out in the country.

Good thing we've been taking survival classes. Did you know that yucca can be used as soap and as material to make a really strong rope? Pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please teach a survival class after you learn everything you need to know? I'd like to attend it. And I'm totally with you on moving out to the country! We can survive on goat cheese and wine from our farms!

    ReplyDelete