Thursday, September 29, 2011

I've done it! Ironman CDA here I come!


June 24, 2012 I will be doing my first Ironman race in Idaho! I'm currently engaged in reading all about nutrition at the moment.

When I did my first Half Ironman, Vineman, in July of 2011 I didn't suffer an Gastro-Intestinal distress but I have a feeling that they way I'm eating now is going to be a problem for a full day race. So, I'm barrelling down. I'm challenging myself to follow a periodization structure full with Heart Rate monitoring and a healthy diet that mirrors my training. I'll start into base training in December. Here's go nothing!




Hopefully I'll be all smiles like this lovely lady:




3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging, baby! I still cannot believe you're doing this race. Excuse me while I go sit on my fat butt and eat a doughnut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather. What a goal that I'm sure you will accomplish! Please keep us posted on your training and how its going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks Mel! You are blessed with the genes to never get fat lady. So blessed!

    Tara... aww thanks for your support! You are so kind.

    ReplyDelete